Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Changing my WordPress blog domain

The WordPress guys and my co-worker who made some mods on it made it difficult to move our blog from the staging environment to the production environment. As the domain name is different, I had to fix up the post GUID links using string replacement in the PHP file, as I didn't want to change the database on the live site (our PHP files are version controlled, but the data on the DB server is not). I did have to change the URL in the options table in the DB for 2 rows 'cos WordPress would always redirect me to the staging environment's domain name.

After getting the blog all patched up, I finally did a Google search to figure out how other WordPress bloggers moved their blogs, which brought me to this article:

No comments:

Post a Comment